A monastery is added to the church in 1705. The master builder of the site is a man named Pierre Couturier. New works were undertaken in 1713 for the façade of the church with the sculptor Jean Jacquié dit Leblond. A fence is built in 1722.
In 1760, after the capitulation of the colony , the church was ceded to the British occupier. It serves as a barracks until 1792, while the goods of the Récollets are sequestrated around 1810.
In 1818, the expansion of Montreal, with the construction of St. Helena Street, led to the demolition of the west wing.
The Sulpicians also settled in the old church in 1831. They enlarged and embellished it by adding a portal taken from the old Notre-Dame church demolished in 1829. The church was then used to worship Catholics Irish who use it until 1847. Become a school, the site is finally destroyed in 1867.
The interior décor including the church altar was preserved and moved to the church of Notre-Dame des Anges on Lagauchetière Street.
The latter building later became the church of the Chinese community; it still exists to this day.