In 1894 Dr. Henry Deimel took out a United States patent on the process for producing a linen fabric called 'linen-mesh' which he used to make underwear.
According to him, the material allowed the skin to breathe better than wool. In the window of his store the brand is illustrated by a mannequin with a spinning wheel.
Taken in 1908 by William Notman & Son.
Store address in 1908: 312 Ste. Catherine Street West.