Opened in 1884 on the south side of Ste-Catherine at St-Dominique St. Name changed to Billy Moore’s Lyceum, and Sara Bernhardt performed here in 1905. Loews chain in New York renovated the theatre in 1920 and renamed it Loews Court. Its name changed back to Français in 1924. In 1960, it began showing only French-language movies. Became Eros, a porno theatre, in 1970. Closed in 1981. Reopened as Club Metropolis in 1986.
On September 17, 2017 it reopened as a concert venue named M TELUS after a wireless provider.
©2017 The Past Whispers
All Rights Reserved