Opened in 1907 on the north side of Ste-Catherine at City Councillors St. It was the first theatre in Montreal built specifically for vaudeville, by Bennett’s Theatrical Enterprises Ltd. Renamed the Orpheum in 1910. From its beginnings, the theatre also showed moving pictures. It became a double-feature film house in the 1940s, then was home of the Théâtre du Nouveau Monde company before it moved into the old Gayety Theatre. Demolished in the 1960s.
©2017 The Past Whispers
All Rights Reserved