Guy St., just north of Ste-Catherine, where Concordia University’s engineering, computer science and visual arts complex stands today. Built as Her Majesty's Theatre in 1897-98 during the reign of Queen Victoria, the name changed to "His" in 1901 under a new king of England, and the name would change once again in 1952 with the accession of Queen Elizabeth II. A stage theatre with vaudeville, opera, ballet and theatre and that also showed movies at least as early as 1918. Sarah Bernhardt performed here, as did Lon Chaney. The theatre was demolished in 1963.
©2017 The Past Whispers
All Rights Reserved